Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Compared to Douglas Adams!

Saturday, the twelfth, after my reading in Santa Rosa, from my new book, Awesome Lavratt, another author compared me to Douglas Adams! Woo hoo! And then my publisher did the following Saturday. :) I'm a huge fan of his work, and obviously influenced by him. Now to find someone famous to say it for the back of the book. If only I can scoop up all those Douglas Adams fans out there who are dying for something new.

That story I recently rewrote that didn't know what it wanted to be when it grew up? The one about the tiny aliens stealing drugs from Earth? I went with the dangerous heist route and sent it out. Now I keep wanting to make the other choice, too, and write it as it began, as a fun little romp with a punch line. Maybe if I change it just enough and change the title...

And the other story I just rewrote doesn't want to end, and no one wants it too. >sigh< style="font-weight: bold;">Under the Suns of Sarshan, so I wanted to kick all these things out the door. I think I'll leave it as a short. I can always return to Chance's world later with a longer story. It's dripping with possibilities.

No comments: