Friday, January 4, 2008

Waiting with Baited Breath

I'm BAAAAAACCCK! I'm typing with all ten digits, nearly over a nasty cold and back to reading and writing. I'm looking forward to seeing "Jolaneering" at Nanobison this month. No date has been given. I'm also crossing my fingers regarding a short-listed reprint at another ezine. Meanwhile, I've accepted a "Revision in a Week" challenge at OWWW (Other Worlds Writing Workshop). I have two stories that have languished since September, when I wrote them in a "Short Story in a Week" challenge at the same online workshop. I also look forward to finishing that story I woke up with and catching up on my reading.

I just finished Madeleine L'Engle's A Circle of Quiet. What an incredible book. I highly recommend it. It's spiritual odyssey, philosophy, social commentary, autobiographical and does, occasionally, touch on the business of writing (at least as it fits into our lives or shapes it).

No comments: