Monday, June 23, 2008

SpoCon

Just got word on the weekend that I'll be doing a reading/signing at SpoCon in Spokane, WA the first weekend of August. Last time I was in Spokane was for Expo '74 when I was a pre-teen.

I'm also working on lining up a school tour.

I've been tossing around ideas for a sequel to Awesome Lavratt. No promises yet, but I'm working on it. I'm thinking Horace should make a comeback. And then there's still the Lavratt...

Just a reminder to my local fans: I have a signing in Rohnert Park at The Comic Book Box in University Square this Saturday from 1 to 4 PM.

I noticed that Nanobison has movement. They now have a table of contents for their last issue with a promise that it will be up before the end of this month. My story, "Jolaneering" will be there.

The blinking light from the smoke alarm gave me an idea for a new story...

Speaking of smoke, the air here is filled with it. Many wild fires in the area. Speaking of fires...the second house fire on our block within a matter of a couple months happened last Thursday. Each was several houses down, but in opposite directions. What are the odds? One was started by kids playing with matches and gas. The other looks like a teenage mischief thing or at the very least a tossed cigarette. The bushes next to the house were ablaze when we were coming back from a walk. Good thing I'm not superstitious... (threes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Ann,
The wild fires out on the coast seem like a terrible thing...and perhaps furtile ground for science fiction in the form of a near future saga in and of itself. But maybe that's what you had in mind with the smoke alarm. Stay safe!