Friday, January 1, 2010

A SF welcome to the New Year

Happy 2010! And to begin the year on the proper Science Fiction footing...

Patrick Stewart has been knighted! Congrats to Sir Patrick!

And it's now Sir Peter Jackson as well. Sir Peter is the acclaimed film writer/director of Lord of the Rings fame.

I was sent this by a co-worker this week and it blew my socks off. 50 examples of masterful CGI.

I neglected to mention regarding District 9: Beware of the F-Bombs. It's the most frequently used word in the film besides articles. Would have enjoyed it more without them, personally.

For my writer readers, here's a blog entry on rookie mistakes sending ARCs for review. Thanks to Jason Sanford, for sharing it on Facebook and Matt Staggs for composing it.

Here's a sneak peak at the new Doctor for Doctor Who.

Not to be a downer. I just happened to run across this on my Facebook wall as well and thought I'd share. For my horror fan readers, here are the 2009 Horror Obits.

If anyone has a similar list for science fiction, do share. I'm sure someone has already compiled such a thing somewhere. I know we lost many greats last year.

My review of Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde has the honor of being the first review posted at Mostly Fiction Book Reviews. Don't forget to read my interview with Fforde as well, if you haven't already.

Also posted this week on Mostly Fiction is my review of Immortality Factor by Ben Bova. It was first entitled Brothers and was re-released as a contemporary novel.

I'm fully immersed in Soulless by Gail Carriger. It's a real page-turner. Review to follow. It's the cover and tag line that sold me on this book. Soulless: A novel of vampires, werewolves and parasols.

It's the parasol that cinched it.



vote it up!

No comments: